Thursday, June 25, 2015

Photography-Adding A Quote


Using your photo to display a quote is always a fun way to test your ability in photography, so let me give you a quick run through of how I got to this point.


It started with a simple heart I noticed that someone had drawn on the ground that I, being the trigger-happy photographer I am, decided to snap a photo of. But the heart was faded, the stone is far from presentable, and the dirt and pine needles distracted from it, so it was going to need a little help.


I fiddled around with some of the settings and effects (the one above being one of my saved tries) until I found that the reddish tinge went well, and when I cropped, to put more stone in than cracks. Another challenge  was picking out the corresponding quote. Yes, I know there are a lot of fun quotes out there, but you want to try to stick with one that matches the image. Finally, after a lot of messing around with lightness and highlights, I winded up having to go over the heart specifically with brightener to match the chalk text, and that made all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment